Traditional Greek bread with olives
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
1. Sift the flour and mix with the salt in the bread bowl. Make a hole in the middle.
2. In a small bowl, mix the yeast with half the amount of warm water, add it in the middle of the flour with the rest of the water and the olive oil, mix until you get a soft dough. (You may need another two tablespoons kneaded warm water)
3. Knead the bread for 8-10 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth.
4. Cover with a foil greased with olive oil and leave to rise until it doubles in volume (about an hour).
5. Turn the dough over on a floured surface and cut a quarter of the dough. Set it aside and cover it with oil and foil.
6. Spread the large piece of dough in the shape of a disc, sprinkle the olives and onions evenly on the surface of the dough. Gather the edges towards the center and knead.
7. Make two loaves or one as in the picture.
8. Place the bread in a pre-prepared tray greased with oil and lined with baking paper.
9. Divide the piece of dough into 4 equal parts and shape them into 60 cm long strips. twist them and cut them in half if you make two loaves.
Sprinkle the middle of each loaf with water and place two pieces of twisted dough on each loaf.
10. Cover the bread with a foil greased with olive oil and leave it for about 45 minutes in the heat or until it doubles in volume.
11. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees or on gas stage 7.
12. Sprinkle the flour on the bread and put it in the oven for 35-40 minutes until it browns and sounds empty when it is beaten on the back.
Place on the grill to cool, decorated with olive twigs and serve with great joy!
Homemade bread: Laura Adamache recipes
Delicious homemade bread recipes for all tastes. In this category you will find bread recipes, simple and fast, bun recipes, bread recipes with wholemeal flour, quick bread, bread with yeast or baking powder.
My favorites are rustic bread with olives and bread with potatoes, both recipes remind me of my childhood. If you are a beginner, you will find step by step explanations for obtaining a fluffy bread. Ciabatta is a very tasty Italian bread. If you want to try it, you can find the recipe in this category.
Making homemade bread is a real pleasure!
We can all make homemade bread in our personal kitchen, without the need for special equipment. It is important to have good bread recipes and the best quality ingredients.
What other bread recipes are waiting for you on the blog?
Fluffy bread recipes with fresh or dry yeast
Homemade bread dough with white flour or wholemeal flour
Homemade bread with corn, a recipe to please the whole family
Homemade bread with baked pumpkin, buns and homemade pretzels
There is no shortage of tips for a fluffy bread dough, and if you are wondering how to bake homemade bread, find in each recipe step-by-step details for a perfect, crispy and fluffy bread at the same time. All you have to do is read the bread recipes carefully and I assure you that the whole family will be amazed by the wonderful bread you will prepare.
- 1 pack of pie sheets (400 g)
- 1 kg fresh spinach (or 750 g frozen)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small leek
- 1 large onion
- 400 g feta cheese (sheep or cow cheese)
- 3 eggs
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- a chopped dill tie
- 60 g butter + 50 ml olive oil) for greased
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Greek bread with oregano and olives
In a bowl mix the yeast and half of the amount of water. I left them overnight, but they can be used right away. Put the water with the yeast in the middle of the flour, add the rest of the water, salt and olive oil. Mix until you get a soft dough.
Pour the dough on a table on which you sprinkled flour and knead for 8-10 minutes. Put the dough in a bowl and cover with a foil greased with oil. Let it rise for about an hour or until it doubles in volume. I left him overnight.
Put the dough on the work surface again and spread a sheet on which we place the pieces of black olives.
Add oregano and fold easily. Form the loaves and place them in the pan.
I also made two strips that I twisted and put close to the ends, but they were not very noticeable.
Leave the covered tray aside for about 45 minutes then put it in the preheated oven at 220 c and bake for 35-40 minutes until they are browned or until they sound empty when they are beaten on the back.
looking recipes with olives for easy to make food? Read these recipes with olives and learn how to prepare olive paste, olive bread or other goodies with this food!
Food type +
- Aperitifs (247)
- Drinks (60)
- Soups (61)
- Desserts (362)
- Dishes (678)
- Seals (75)
- Masonry and bricklaying (12)
- Salads (195)
- Sauces (66)
- Soups (121)
- Bread (18)
- Mamaliga (6)
- Finger Food (413)
Method of preparation +
After season +
The main ingredient -
- Meat (469)
- Fruit (374)
- Dairy products (500)
- Vegetables (942)
- Cabbage (29)
- Rice (76)
- Beans (43)
- Eggplant (28)
- Spinach (52)
- Zucchini (61)
- Cauliflower (24)
- Soybeans (7)
- Tomatoes (151)
- Broccoli (42)
- Peas (34)
- Lenses (8)
- Pumpkin (19)
- Beetroot (17)
- Nettles (4)
- Mushrooms (78)
- Pastai (0)
- Ginger (11)
- Telina (26)
- Potatoes (210)
- Asparagus (11)
- Leek (10)
- Carrots (139)
- Pastarnac (30)
- Olives (37)
- Onions (157)
- Peppers (100)
- Cucumbers (50)
- Green salad (24)
- Lifts (10)
- Garlic (80)
- Rocket (17)
- Corn (28)
- Naut (9)
- Gulii (2)
- Fennel (5)
Preparation time +
By origin +
- Romanesti (113)
- Italian (168)
- Greek (19)
- American (39)
- Bulgaria (2)
- French (26)
- Chinese (19)
- Indian (22)
- Turkish (17)
- Mexican (12)
- Spanish (8)
- Hungarian (2)
After the occasion +
After meal time +
Other features +
Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of the richness of vegetables and to include them more in our diet. With.
If you want to naturally increase your ability to concentrate and at the same time ensure your vitamin intake.
The first days of spring can bring, along with the bleaching sun and longer days, the unpleasant conditions caused by.
If you want to have beautiful skin for a longer period of time, nutritionists advise you to get used to consuming it daily.
Even a little whimsical person will be tempted to serve a funny sandwich, which looks like a snake. You will see that the sandwich is.
Nicoise salad is of French origin, based on fish, especially tuna, specific to the Mediterranean area. Its ingredients differ in.
Chicken roll with vegetables can be both a colorful and tasty appetizer for a festive meal, as well as a substitute.
Greek salad or horiatiki is one of the most famous salads in the world. Simple, with tasty and fresh ingredients, salad.
For Halloween, artistically wrap the sausages in dough and you will make a great impression on the children at the party, or even on your own child.
We love Easter, don't we? And how not to love them if they are very tasty and very easy to prepare. I propose a pasta salad recipe.
Summer is the season we can't help but love. But with it come the high temperatures. Specialists recommend us to.
How healthy it is to eat bread with bacon and onions
Romanians consume it throughout the year. It works great in winter, but it is also enjoyed when the temperatures start to rise, when going outdoors. Therefore, we were curious to find out what nutritionist Mihaela Bilic says about this traditional snack.
For starters, the nutritionist claims that we should not marginalize pork:
& ldquoLately the pig has been marginalized, fallen into disfavor due to its high fat content, which is not exactly true. It is the most compatible animal with man. The pig is an omnivorous animal, like man, while the cow and the sheep are ruminants, and the ruminant leads to saturation of fats. This explains why sheep or cow tallow is impossible to eat, it contains only saturated fatty acids. & Rdquo
She also points out that not all pork is fat, it depends on which piece you choose.
& ldquoThe pork tenderloin has only 4% fat and is considered the most fragile and healthiest type of meat. Pork fat has a completely different composition, 2/3 of the lipids are represented by mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids, similar to those in olive oil, so pork bacon is tasty and tender. Along with oil and butter, bacon is a form of fat that can be used in cooking or putting on bread. It is much more stable than heating butter and lower in calories than oil. & ldquo
Nutritional values of bacon
In oil, regardless of the assortment, we have 100% fat and 900cal / 100ml. Bacon contains 5-10% protein, 60-70% fat and 650cal / 100g. Butter is intermediate with 80% fat and 730cal / 100g.
Bacon with onion and bread, excellent snack for people who engage in intense physical activity
& ldquoBeing so concentrated in fat and calories, bacon is a product that is consumed in moderation, recommended for people who stay in the cold or engage in intense physical activity. Anyone can eat a little bacon with onions and bread, it's the traditional winter snack. And if the pig was raised with quality bacon food, it becomes nutritionally valuable because it is rich in omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids and vitamin A. Conclusion: reconsider the presence of pork in your diet, it is healthier and tastier than sheep and beef, says Mihaela Bilic.
ShARE & IcircN CUISINE - How to gate & # 537ti the simplest mushroom cream soup
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Ingredients for Greek olive breadBake in the preheated oven at 220 C for 35-40 until browned or until the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
Comment using your Facebook account
Bread with olive oil & # 8211 fluffy bread recipe with thin crust and brown
Bread with olive oil & # 8211 recipe for fluffy bread with thin crust and brown. How to make plain bread with olive oil? Homemade fluffy bread. Homemade bread recipes.
This bread with olive oil is extremely tender, with a soft and elastic core that does not crumble even after it dries. Look at the floury crust! It is a beautifully browned, crunchy but thin shell.
Slice lightly and nicely. The bread is kept fresh for several days due to the olive oil in the composition. It also gives it a special aroma. If it starts to dry, then we eat it fried, greased with salted butter or we make it with bruschettas or croutons.
From these quantities results a bread with medium-sized olive oil.
- 550 g white flour type 550 (for pizza, bread)
- 400 g of water
- 7 g fresh yeast or 2 g dry yeast
- 50 g of olive oil
- 12 g salt
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for the work table
Rustica bread with olives
Recipe of rustic bread with olives it's my favorite! The day before we left Italy, I thought it would not hurt at all to have a delicious, crunchy and full of bread. black olives (which I adore) as soon as we get to Germany.
We knew we would be late and we wouldn't find stores open, so until the next day when we went shopping, we were assured of this wonderful bread. Said and done! The bread turned out to be a delight, I also cut a few slices to take some pictures, I left happy early in the morning and only when I arrived in Austria did I realize that I forgot my bread at home. It seemed to me and I'm still very sorry because it was extremely good, but that's what happens when you hurry. And we hurried a lot. I only found out on Monday night that we are leaving on Wednesday, we had only one day available for luggage, cleaning, cleaning refrigerators, cooking, etc.
Recipe for rustic bread with olives it is very simple and fast, the dough is that of fast rustic bread, only this time I enriched it with olives and I changed the way of baking.
Rustic bread with olives & # 8211 Ingredients
- 500 g flour
- 370 g of warm water
- 15 g fresh yeast / 4 g dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon honey / sugar / malt
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 100-125 g black olives
If you don't like olives, you can do it with nuts, dehydrated tomatoes cut into small pieces, different seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin, etc.), with a mix of herbs (sage, rosemary, crow grass, oregano, marjoram) .
Bread with olives & # 8211 How to Prepare
- We put the flour in a bowl and make a hole in its center. Rub the yeast with honey, sugar or malt and then mix it with warm water (not hot!).
- Pour the water in the center of the flour and mix a little until it reaches the consistency, cut the olives into thin slices and add them to the dough.
- Mix with a wooden spoon, because the dough is very soft and sticky, until we incorporate the olives into the dough.
- Cover the bowl with food-grade plastic wrap and leave it to rise for 2 hours.
- 20 minutes before the end of the leavening period, put in the oven a taller pan (about 10 -15 cm high and with a diameter of 24-26 cm) of stainless steel with stainless steel lid and preheat it to 220 ° C.
- overthrow dough on the work table well powdered with flour (the dough is quite soft, although it is elastic) and we give it a round shape.
- When the oven has reached a temperature of 220 ° C, carefully remove the pan (be very careful not to burn yourself), remove the lid, put our bread in the pan, cover it quickly with the lid and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 220 ° C, then remove the lid and bake it for another 15 minutes to get a beautiful, uniform color.
After removing it from the oven, let it cool for about 10-15 minutes in an upright position. In this way, the peel will remain crispy after complete cooling.
Ingredients Homemade bread with potatoes German recipe:
- 620 grams of crushed white potatoes
- 650 grams of flour type BL 550
- 120 ml. of water
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 25 grams of fresh brewer's yeast / 7 grams of dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Preparation of dough for homemade bread with potatoes German recipe:
1. Wash the potatoes very well and weigh them, choosing them so that they are as close as possible to the required weight:
2. Boil the potatoes together with 2 teaspoons of salt. Boil well, then drain. Allow the potatoes to cool.
3. Meanwhile, rub the fresh yeast well with a teaspoon of brown sugar until it liquefies. If you use dry yeast, mix it with sugar, add 2 tablespoons of water and continue as mentioned above. Add 2 teaspoons of flour and mix, sprinkling a little flour on top. Set aside to grow in a warm place.
4. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
5. Measure 120 ml of water. Dilute the activated yeast with this water. Mix the potatoes with the flour and the two remaining teaspoons of salt:
6. Add the yeast liquid (water mixed with the activated yeast) and the oil and knead well (preferably in a bread machine or robot). At first the dough looks very hard, but after kneading mechanically for 10 minutes it will become supple and slightly sticky. Put the dough in a bowl and leave to rise for 35 minutes at room temperature, covered with cling film:
Homemade bread with potatoes, modeling
1. Before we start modeling, the dough must have risen until it has doubled in volume. After the dough has risen well, turn it over on the work surface sprinkled with flour.
2. Divide the dough into two equal parts. The safest way is to weigh the two pieces of dough.
3. Flatten each piece of dough into an oval shape, slightly smaller at one end.
4. Roll the dough, starting from the thinnest part, inwards, up to half. The opposite side (the unrolled, thicker one) is powdered with a little flour.
5. Powder a kitchen napkin with flour and place the bread on it, with the joint (rolled part) facing down, shaping it into a somewhat round shape:
Cover with another napkin and let rise at kitchen temperature for 35 minutes.
1. After the waiting time has elapsed, the oven is heated to 230 degrees Celsius and a container (preferably a tray) with hot water is placed at the bottom of the oven, which will create steam during baking. If you have an oven with a steam cooking function, you can give up the container with hot water.
2. Turn the bread over on a tray covered with baking paper, upside down from the position in which they were raised (with the joint facing up) and place in the preheated oven at 230 ° C, at a height in the lower half.
3. After the first 15 minutes, remove the tray with hot water (be careful not to burn yourself.) And lower the oven temperature to 190 degrees and leave the bread to bake for another 30 minutes.
The baked bread is taken out and placed on a kitchen grill, waiting to cool completely before cutting it:
The bread is phenomenal, a bread consistent with crispy crust and fragrant elastic core:
Remarks: if the bread is made with another type of flour, I can't say that it doesn't work, a tasty bread is also obtained, but the texture is somewhat modified and the dough is harder to work with, more sticky. In fact, type 550 flour is the most common type of flour for bread, so I am confident that you will find it. I knead and bake!
Did you like this recipe?
Video: How To Make Greek-Style Homemade Bread. Traditional Village Bread Recipe. Χωριάτικο Ψωμί